Consider Helping Us
About The Trust
The Syed Abdul Qadir Memorial Trust, whose registered office is at 29 C Hastings Road, Allahabad, was established in June, 1996 in honour of, and to commemorate and carry on the services of late Syed Abdul Qadir, a well-known social worker of Allahabad. It is a public charitable and educational Trust.
Syed Abdul Qadir
The main aims and objects of the Trust are as follows:
a. To help, and work, for weaker sections of the society in general and upliftment of women of minority community and downtrodden sections of the society in particular;
b. To establish, promote, set up, and run schools, libraries, and archives, for basic and higher education and to run any other institution to achieve the aforesaid purpose;
c. To encourage and help bright students in general, and girls in particular, through financial aids, scholarships, awards, etc.
d. To promote national integration, love and fraternity among the people of the country.
Institutions Supervised by the Trust
1. Kidwai Memorial Girls’ Inter College, Allahabad
2. Al HamraFarooqi Girls’ Inter College, Chakia, Allahabad
3. Computer Centre and Urdu Training Centre (in the premises of Al HamraFarooqiGirls’ Inter College)
4. Urdu Diploma Centre (in the premises of Kidwai College)
5. Free Qur’an Teaching Centre (in the premises of Al HamraFarooqi Girls’ Inter College)
Grants given by the trust
Owing to paucity of funds and lack of necessary registration with the Income Tax Department, the Trust has had (including a small amount of bank interest) a meagre and intermittent income over the years. Mainly, it gives recurring grants to the following:
1. Rs. 9000/- per annum to the Waqf no. 3129, KasariMasari, Allahabad, functioning in the premises of the Al HamraFarooqi Girls’ Inter College, Chakia, Allahabad as salary of two Qura’n teachers for the poorer girls who lack the means to read the Qur’an at home;
2. Rs. 6000/- per annum to the bright but indigent students at Al HamraFarooqi Girls’ Inter College, Chakia, Allahabad.
Among the notable non-recurring grants may be mentioned:
1. Aid for construction, repair and maintenance of building at Al HamraFarooqi Girls’ Inter College;
2. Aid for construction/repair of the temporary structures in Kidwai Memorial Girls’ Inter College, Allahabad;
3. Grant to the two institutions for distributing prizes to outstanding performers in Sports, Cultural show, etc on the occasion of the Republic Day and Independence Day;
4. Grant to the Kidwai Memorial Girls’ Inter College for promotion of sports;
5. Grant to the Kidwai Memorial Girls’ Inter College for prizes to be awarded on the occasion of Essay Competitions, Debating and Bait bazi competitions, etc.
6. Grant to Kidwai Memorial Girls’ Inter College for special support to the needy and backward girl students for the purchase of books, etc.
Dr.Mehr Afshan Farooqi
Tazmeen Amna Siddiqi
Ms. Naisan Rab